Teleport VR / MR
Prepared by: Claudio Lai and Shawn Gibson
Virtual reality and mixed reality are the hottest tech trends to reach education. Not only do they allow students the opportunity to immerse themselves into a subject but can travel the World from their classrooms! Now with the advent of Virtual Reality integrated with Artificial Intelligence algorithms as well as Mixed Reality interactive subroutines, this project takes it a step further!
Target Audience: Kids 8 to 18 years of age
Target Market: Educational
Concept: Imagine being able to teleport to some of the most exotic, historically important and visually stunning places in the World and be able to interact with these locations in both Virtual Reality and Mixed Reality. Students will be transported to these exotic locations instantly utilizing state-of-the-art 360 cameras and virtual reality drones.
We will select ten locations based on the following criteria:
* Is it culturally or historically significant?
* Is it stunning or uniquely visual?
* It is unknown to most people in the world?
Here are some examples:
Rising out of a cliff between the Red and Dead Sea, the lost city of Petra still has secrets to reveal. It has several tombs and carved structures spread across a sandy landscape. Many scenes from the Hollywood blockbuster Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade were filmed here.
Amer fort, India
A majestic structure sprawling on a hilltop, Amer fort’s architecture is a magnificent blend of Mughal and Hindu influences. Made out of red sandstone and white marble, it consists of a series of courtyards, palaces, halls, and gardens.
Known as Turkey’s most visually striking region, Cappadocia offers caves, clefts, pinnacles and ‘fairy chimneys’ (pointed rock formations). Volcanic eruptions formed this surreal moonscape.
This Roman colonial town founded by Emperor Trajan in AD100 is a UNESCO world heritage site. Centuries later, it still represents the embodiment of Roman urban planning.
Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Built by the Khymer civilization, Angkor Wat is the most famed Cambodian temple, which even appears on its national flag. The architectural genius unfolds many enduring tales of Cambodian history.
How will the experience look?
A viewer will start from a spinning 3D global map and be able to select various locations around the globe. Once a location is selected, the highlighted area on the globe will highlighted and the experience will start.
What will make this unique?
* The viewer will be able to fly over a location in 360 VR.
* The viewer will be able to look down and land onto the location and glance around.
* The viewer will be able to interact with elements within that location and video, audio or imagery educational in nature will be displayed.
* The viewer will be scored based on how well they can answer questions about this location once they leave it.
* Scoring A.I algorithms will be used to adjust each additional experience the viewer undertakes. Learning from that viewers preferences based on where they look in the experience and items they interact with and order they interact with them.
* There will be a Mixed-Reality version built using the Microsoft© HoloLens. interactive elements will comprise of Holograms.
* There will be Virtual Reality version built to work on Google Cardboard or Samsung Gear VR Devices. interactive elements will be “hotspots” using X/Y coordinates selected by a viewer in the 360 spaces at a given time during each video experience.
This project will comprise of four phases:
1. The filming of 360 VR drone footage as well collecting images and video for the interactive elements.
2. 3D rending of “teleporting” character named: “dog” This character will appear when a viewer scores points for successfully completing an experience.
3. Programming a VR mobile app version for Google Cardboard and Samsung Gear VR. This VR app.
4. Programming a MR HoloLens version of the experience.
Who we are:
Our experienced team of virtual reality film content creators as well as software engineers has already built virtual reality and augmented reality experience for the educational market.
A Virtual Reality video experience for the Singularly University. A NASA funded think-tank.
You can see the video here: http://fluidcastvr.com/portfolio/nasa-singularity-university-virtual-reality-video/
A Virtual Reality, scoring and A.I mobile app for a Hong Kong based educational company.
Various other VR projects for television, movies and education including BorderPlex in El Paso, Texas and SunnyBoy Entertainment in Hollywood, California.