Teleport VR/MR: Endangered Species
Prepared by: Claudio Lai and Shawn Gibson
Virtual reality for education has become the hottest tech trend in recent years. Not only do they allow students the opportunity to immerse themselves into a subject but can they can be educated about any subject instantly right from their classrooms! Now with the advent of Virtual Reality integrated with Artificial Intelligence Mixed Reality interactive subroutines, this project takes it a step further!
Target Audience: Kids 8 to 18 years of age
Target Market: Educational
Concept: Imagine being able to teleport into the rare habitats of the some of the World’s most endangered animals in the World and be able to interact with them. Students will be educated and entertained about these animals utilizing state-of-the-art 360 cameras and virtual reality content creation.
We will select ten endangered animals based on the following criteria:
* Is the animal on the World’s endangered list?
* It was previous not endangered in the past 50 years.
* Most people do not know it this animal may even be on this list.
Here are some examples:
How will the experience look?
A viewer will start from a spinning 3D global map and be able to select various locations around the globe. Once a location is selected, the highlighted area on the globe will highlighted and the experience will start.
What will make this unique?
* The viewer will get an in-depth look in virtual reality at the natural habit of this animal.
* The viewer will be able to understand reasons why this animal became endangered.
* The viewer will be able to interact with elements within that animal and video, audio or imagery educational in nature will be displayed.
* The viewer will be scored based on how well they can answer questions about this location once they leave it.
* Scoring A.I algorithms will be used to adjust each additional experience the viewer undertakes. Learning from that viewers preferences based on where they look in the experience and items they interact with and order they interact with them.
* There will be Virtual Reality version built to work on Google Cardboard or Samsung Gear VR Devices. interactive elements will be “hotspots” using X/Y coordinates selected by a viewer in the 360 spaces at a given time during each video experience.
* There will be a Mixed-Reality version built using the Microsoft© HoloLens. interactive elements will comprise of Holograms.
This project will comprise of three phases:
1. The filming of 360 VR drone footage as well collecting images and video for the interactive elements.
2. 3D rending of “teleporting” character named: “dog” This character will appear when a viewer scores points for successfully completing an experience.
3. Programming a VR mobile app version for Google Cardboard and Samsung Gear VR. This VR app.
Who we are:
FluidCast Techologies, LLC. Texas
Our experienced team of virtual reality film content creators as well as software engineers has already built virtual reality and augmented reality experience for the educational market.
A Virtual Reality video experience for the Singularly University. A NASA funded think-tank.
You can see the video here: http://fluidcastvr.com/portfolio/nasa-singularity-university-virtual-reality-video/
A Virtual Reality, scoring and A.I mobile app for a Hong Kong based educational company.
Various other VR projects for television, movies and education including BorderPlex in El Paso, Texas and SunnyBoy Entertainment in Hollywood, California.
For more information this project – please contact us.